With regular cleaning, your shoes will always look (and smell) flawless. Here are some tricks that help you clean your shoes without any damage. There are always different ways for different kinds of shoes.
- Dishwashing liquid
- Baking soda
- magic eraser (optional)
- Leather care (optional)
- White vinegar (optional)
- shoe brush
- Clean, soft cloth
- Suede brush (optional)
It’s not easy to keep shoes spotless without cleaning them regularly. From the moment you take your new sneakers out of their box, you want to wear them outside. And that’s where they’ll get dirty, covered in mud, scuffs, and stains.
To ensure your sneakers perform at their best over time, we recommend maintaining them properly, including Best shoe cleaner. Before you start, use a shoe tree or stuff your shoes with newspaper to keep their shape while cleaning. Then get to work.
These tips will help you keep your sneakers and running shoes fresh and clean in a few easy steps.
How to clean your shoes step by step
1 . Use a dry brush
- Brush dust off the outsole, midsole, and upper with a dry, soft-bristled shoe brush. Don’t have a shoe brush? No problem, an old toothbrush will do just fine.
2 . Prepare a mild cleaning solution
- Mix some Mild laundry detergent or dish soap in mixed warm water.
- You can also prepare a particularly effective cleaning paste for white or light-colored shoes by mixing equal doses of baking soda and water.
3 . Hand wash the laces
- Remove the laces and apply a small amount of the mild cleaning solution to them. Rub the laces in your hands, rinse them, then dry them with a soft cloth.
4 . Wash the soles
- Apply the gentle solution to a soft-bristled brush, toothbrush, or washcloth. Thoroughly clean the outsole and midsole, taking care not to miss any areas of the soles. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Note: If you need to clean your sock liners, take them off, clean them with your solution, and give them time to dry before putting them back inside your shoes.
5 . Clean and dry the uppers
- Use the mild solution and a soft bristle brush, toothbrush, or soft damp cloth to clean the uppers. Take some time, and don’t scrub your white air force ones too hard.
- When satisfied with the result, use a microfiber or a soft dry cloth to wipe. And remove as much of the soapy solution and dirt as possible. Repeat if necessary. Avoid rubbing dry as this may damage the shoe’s fabric or disperse small dirt particles.
6 . Air dry
- Air dry your sneakers at room temperature. Make sure your shoe cleaner is completely dry before putting them back on for a workout or activity. For most shoes, it takes at least 8 hours for complete drying.
When we buy branded shoes, we love to keep them clean. Because if shoes are not properly cleaned, it damages your entire look. So your show needs profer care.