SFP optical module is a hot-swappable small package module in the SFP package, the maximum rate can reach 10.3G, and the interface is LC. SFP optical module is mainly composed of shell, base, PCBA, pull ring, buckle, unlocking piece, and rubber plug. So how to use SFP optical module? Before use, be sure to keep the optical port dust plug and protective cover until the optical module is inserted into the optical fiber, and the optical port should be inserted horizontally. What are the specific components of SFP optical modules and how to use SFP optical modules, let’s take a closer look at the text!
What Are the Components of SFP Optical Modules?
SFP is the abbreviation of SMALL FORM PLUGGABLE, which can be simply understood as an upgraded version of GBIC. So do you know what the composition of the SFP optical module is?
The composition of the SFP optical module is as follows:
The laser (including the transmitter TOSA and the receiver ROSA) is composed of a circuit board IC and external accessories. The external accessories are composed of a shell, a base, a PCBA, a pull ring, a buckle, an unlocking piece, and a rubber plug. For the convenience of identification, the pull ring is generally used. The color identifies the parameter type of the module.
How to Use SFP Optical Modules
1. Before using the optical module and optical fiber, be sure to keep the optical port dust plug and protective cover until the optical module is inserted into the optical fiber.
2. The end face of the optical fiber connector should be kept clean. When inserting the optical port, it should be inserted horizontally to avoid scratching the end face and the sleeve.
3. Avoid using non-standard optical fibers in the construction of the equipment room, and pay attention to distinguishing between single-mode and multi-mode fibers.
4. Under no circumstances can the long-distance optical module be directly tested for loopback to avoid short-distance interconnection of long-distance optical modules. If the interconnection must be connected to an optical attenuator, each type of optical module has a certain light-receiving range. Excessive optical power will cause damage to the receiving detector.
5. When the optical module is used in the transmission platform link, if there is a fiber amplifier, please adjust the optical power to the receiving range of the optical module and then insert it into the receiving port of the optical module.
6. Please try to keep the temperature of the optical module within 60°C (commercial grade 75°C) when using it. If it exceeds 70°C (industrial grade 85°C), the optical module may be directly burned out.
7. The equipment in the computer room is properly grounded, and electrostatic protection should be done during operation to avoid the impact of static electricity on the optical module and equipment. Static protection should be done during installation. Do not touch the golden fingers of the optical module during installation and operation.