Headphones are in use all around the world. They are in demand by call center operators and hotline organizers, bikers and drivers, pilots, and airport staff. In production, they are recommended for use by machine operators. Unlike passive options that completely dampen ambient sounds, active noise-canceling headphones allow you to hear a phone signal or talk, while excessively loud noises will be cut off.
This option involves connecting an external accessory (headphones, headset) via a cable. It is usually inserted into a 3.5 mm jack connector. A cable connection enables more reliable data transmission. These headphones do not have autonomous power, they are rarely equipped with a headset for talking.
Modern models of noise-canceling headphones are stand-alone headsets, often they are even able to work separately. They are equipped with built-in rechargeable batteries and do not need a wired connection. With these headphones, you can achieve a combination of a high level of noise reduction and compact dimensions of the case.
Criteria for choosing headphones
When choosing headphones with an active noise-canceling system, it is very important to pay attention to certain parameters that affect the efficiency of the equipment.
- Connection method. Wired models should be purchased with a cord with a length of at least 1.3 m, an L-shaped plug, and a wire with a reliable braid. It is better to choose wireless headphones with mic among Bluetooth models with a reception range of at least 10 m. Battery capacity matters – the higher it is, the longer the headphones can work autonomously.
- Appointment. For those who lead an active lifestyle, vacuum-type earplugs are suitable, providing optimal fixation when running, or playing sports. For gamers and music lovers, for home use, you can choose full-size or overhead models with a comfortable headband.
- Specifications. The most important parameters for headphones with active noise reduction will be such parameters as sensitivity, and impedance – here you need to focus on the recommendations of the device manufacturer, and the operating frequency range.
- Control type. It can be pushbutton or touch. The first control option implies the ability to switch tracks or increase the volume by pressing the physical keys. Touch models have a sensitive body surface, control is performed by touches (taps) or swipes.
- Brand. Among the companies producing the best products in this category are Bose, Sennheiser, Sony, and Philips.
- The presence of a microphone. If the headphones will be used as a headset, you should immediately consider only models with this additional component. It is useful for talking on the phone, participating in online games, and video communication. These options are available for both wired and wireless headphones. At the same time, you should not assume that the presence of a microphone in the noise reduction system will also provide free communication – for negotiations, it should work like a headset.
If you want to choose reliable and long-lasting noise-canceling headphones. Then, make sure you read all the important points and get it according to your needs and budget.
That was it for this article. If you found it helpful, consider checking out our blog Tecchhubinfo.com
Leave a Reply