Over the past few years, interest in software testing has skyrocketed. Businesses have started to realize the value of coordinated application testing prior to delivery since testing has become crucial for a range of application/product deployments. Many people now consider testing to be a feasible career option in recent years.
From test engineer to senior test engineer, test lead to test manager, or QA lead or QA Manager are the possible career paths. Additionally, there is a wide variety of testing equipment available. There is a tonne of potential for growth in the software testing sector.
This article will cover the top paying automation testing certification and automation testing courses and many more.
What is Automation testing?
The life cycle of a product includes testing, specifically to guarantee quality. The Automation Testing procedure is the testing stage that makes the most sense, and here’s why:
Because test automation identifies issues early in the development process, it improves overall efficiency and speeds up the feedback loop for newly developed goods.
Because fewer resources are needed, test automation speeds up the process and lowers total costs.
Developers can create tests for complex instances that are more effective thanks to automation testing. Additionally, in the event that a product fails, automation testing offers better insights compared to manual testing.
All of these tasks are carried out by qualified automation testers, which explains why they are in such high demand because they are so essential to the creation of new products.
9 Top-Paying Automation Testing Certifications For 2022
- CAST (Certified Associate in Software Testing): It doesn’t matter if you’ve never taken a test before or have some testing experience. Any testing professional should possess the CAST, or Certified Associate in Software Testing certification. For beginners who want to enter the software testing field by learning automation, CAST is one of the best software testing certifications available. After paying the costs, you will get a 367-page book called “Software Testing Body of Knowledge for CAST.” You can prepare for the exam more than enough with this book. You have 75 minutes to complete 100 multiple-choice questions with a 70% score to pass the test.
- CSTE (Certified Software Tester): The Certified Software Tester certification ensures expert knowledge of quality control principles and procedures (QA). With the CSTE accreditation, you can work as a quality control manager, adviser for software testing, or both. Additionally, in order to qualify for the Certified Software Tester certification, candidates must currently be employed in software testing (quality control) or have done so during the previous 18 months of the time of application.
To become a CSTE, you must pass two tests. Candidates who enroll successfully in the certification programme will receive the Software Testing Body of Knowledge for CSTE (STBOK), a 557-page PDF that contains the whole exam syllabus.
- ISTQB Agile Tester Certification: A relatively new method of software testing that has recently gained favor is agile testing. It is based on the agile software development methodology. Testers at the basic level who want to learn about Agile testing should pursue this certification. Additionally, skilled developers who have worked on Agile projects and have a thorough understanding of testing. Experienced testers who have experience working on traditional software development projects.
In addition to the ISTQB Foundation Level, there is also the ISTQB Agile Tester certification (CTFL). Prospective candidates must first hold a current ISTQB Foundation Level (CTFL) certification in order to apply for the ISTQB Agile Tester certification.
- Professional Scrum Developer Certification: For developers pursuing a career in agile testing, the Professional Scrum Developer Certification course is appropriate. The exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions that must be answered in a proctored setting within 60 minutes. Scrum also provides a free second attempt in extreme cases.
- Advance Level Security Tester by ISTQB: Testing professionals with several years of expertise who want to advance their professions may pursue the Advanced Level Security Tester certification. The advanced-level software testing certification syllabus is available on the official ISTQB website.
- A4Q Certified Selenium Tester Foundation: Candidates can evaluate their understanding of Selenium testing in commercial settings by taking the A4Q Certified Selenium Tester Foundation test administered by ISI. The Selenium automated testing solutions and WebDriver will be planned and maintained by the successful candidates. Although not required, basic programming skills are preferred. It could be easier to understand basic test principles if one has completed the Selenium testing training earlier.
- UFT v15.x Certification: The UFT v15.x Certification is the best option if you want to advance your knowledge of universal functional testing. Both novice and experienced developers can test codes, fix problems, and execute scripts with the certification.
Candidates must be able to integrate UFT across GUI (graphical user interface) and API (application programming interface) tests, implement QTP in real-time testing environments, and comprehend UFT. To pass the test, an applicant must receive a score of 70%.
- CSTP – A (Certified Software Test Professional Associate Level
The CSTP- A is yet another beginner-level Software Testing certification, started in 1991 by IIST. Intended for beginners trying to make a career in software testing, this exam tests one’s knowledge on topics such as:
- Principles & processes of software testing
- Testing planning, designing & implementation
- Defect tracking
- Static testing
- Requirements gathering, refining & verification
Candidates require 80% marks to pass in this exam. The exam registration fee is $120 and the fee for retaking the exam is $100.
- CMST – Certified Manager of Software Testing
CMST, considered as one of the best QA certifications, is a global management level testing examination that evaluates your aptitude in tackling the software testing projects by methods such as:
- Test planning & Executions
- Test Analysis & management
- Effective communication & collaboration
Candidates must score 70% marks to pass in this exam. The exam registration fee is $450.
Automation testing is not new; rather, organizations are using it more frequently now to speed up test environments and launch complicated projects earlier and for less money.
Over the past few years, there has been a tremendous increase in the demand for competent, qualified automation testers. Being an expert automation tester is no longer sufficient; certification has also emerged as a criterion for obtaining more work possibilities and receiving higher pay than non certified individuals.
It’s still a simple decision to become qualified. However, the way that businesses are paying and employing certified resources tells a different story about why someone should unquestionably obtain the automation testing certification online.
Take short certified online courses for automation testing certification if you want to become a qualified automation tester in the IT, healthcare, finance, and other industries.